Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mentions

I got a job, I guess.
I mean, I did get a job, I guess I'm mentioning something about it here?

On Monday (the 27th), I start work for Vicarious Visions. My position is that of a Game Programmer Co-op. If I don't fuck up, I've got eight months of work lined up. Also, money, so that's cool.
Apparently I'm not allowed to work on side projects for profit while I do so. Although, there exist forms that could be filled out that would sanction that sort of thing, as long as the company agrees that it won't compete with their products blah blah blah. I'm probably not going to be able to muster the concentrated effort necessary to do side projects when I've got a full time job programming, but we'll see. Not sure if I'd be able to release things not-for-profit, so I'll ask at some point.
One implication of that is, I'll release the 'final' version of Crazy Ginx sometime this weekend. It's practically done at the moment. There's plenty of things I'd like to add but that will always be the case won't it. It's "a full game," so it gets released without me disclaimering it at all. Other than, I don't have a QA department, if you find any bugs let me know and I'll go 'whoopsie'. Maybe fix 'em.

But yeah, don't expect any games on this site in the near future (other than Ginx, obviously). I'll try and do more game design and/or analysis type stuff. Thinking about writing some reviews! So yeah. That'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment